Monday, March 15, 2010

On Verra

Off we go to Orodara, our field site. It's been a move delayed several times but we are finally packed and going. Orodara is the fruit basket of Burkina; luckily we're arriving at the start of the mango season! I have a feeling that sitting under a mango tree will be my respite from the 95-100F temps lately. I am still perplexed by how much stuff I have managed to collect; fortunately most of it will stay here when the time comes for me to return home. The study staff and drivers are helping me move, for which I am grateful. Apparently there is no such thing as too much stuff piled on one car. The finesse of packing logistics.

There are two houses located around the corner from our study office -- one house is for me and one for my main collaborator, who will be my neighbor. I haven't seen the inside of the house yet but from the outside it looks nice and, well, blue. I only recall the paint is very blue. We start another training session on Wednesday, with 30 interviewers who will collect data for our phase one survey (collecting socio-demographic information and interviewing caregivers of young children about health practices). Soon we'll be out of the office and into the field -- visiting households in urban and rural areas of the health district -- finally!

No comments: