It’s been 7 months in Dakar (and Bobo) and I’m ready for vacation! Amazingly enough, another friend from home is here for work and we get to visit just in time for a farewell dinner before I hop on the middle-of-the-night flight leaving Dakar! Before I change gears to run another study in Bobo starting in September, I’m so excited to come home for a visit with family and friends. Sailing around Bainbridge. Reading a newspaper or magazine on the couch. Walking through Discovery Park. Trader Joe’s. REI. Anthropologie. San Juan Islands. Kayaking. Carmel Beach. Katy’s Place breakfast. Riding my bike. Point Lobos. Big Sur. Fish tacos and tunaritas. Caffe Fiore. Ballard Market. Bartell’s and Longs. 74th Street. Golden Gardens. Santa Cruz. The Aquarium. Olympic National Park. Uwajimaya. Places and things I’ve missed and look forward to (even if some indeed seem silly, simple conveniences), but none more than everyone I look forward to seeing!
A bientot, everyone, and a la prochaine, Dakar.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment